10 October 2006

A Unit of Measure

In my head, over the last year, I can't help but grade music on a playability scale. It's something I do subconsciously -- moving my fingers over the imaginary fret board in my mind. I hear something new and I immediately grade it from one to eleven.

In my mind, the scale looks like this:



I know right?

Eleven out of eleven Guitar Heros being reserved for the most raddest of songs, a song that I'm sure would be wicked to play on a toy guitar while jumping on my bed. A song that I can't help but sing along to, or slam around in my car to while driving. Yeah, a song I could have a real seizure to.

I'm not the only one who does this, I'm sure.

In the last month I've been listening to The Fratellis' Costello Music and it is indeed an eleven out of eleven Guitar Heros album. It's fun, it's stupid, it's got some catchy ass riffs and man, when it's on (always) I turn the volume up until the volume thing wont turn any more.

What?

I said! Track 5, Chelsea Dagger is an eleven Guitar Heros.

Rad!

I know everyone has their dream team of bands they'd love to see represented in the game, but really, I would love it if this song was in the second itteration.

Until then, go grab the album Costello Music. If you like bands like: The Eagles of Death Metal, Queens of the Stone Age and Alvin and the Chipmunks you'll like it. It's good. Honest.

Other bands of note that I've recently come across are: Aqueduct and What Made Milwaukee Famous.

Aqueduct | I Sold Gold:



What Made Milwaukee Famous | Trying To Never Catch Up:

No comments:

Post a Comment